Sunday, March 13, 2011

Return to blogging...

So, I have recently been inspired to return to blogging by a couple of friends who have posted great anecdotal stories in their lives... After over 18 months since Rome was born, we are finally feeling like we are getting are heads above water a bit. I figured it would be a good thing with the few extra minutes we have found with efficiencies here and there to resurrect the blog. When I checked out the last postings to see where we left off, I was a bit embarrassed by the age of the boys' picture. That being said, I am going to start with a more recent picture of the boys.


Champ was having a ball in the park while pushing Rome around in the "Hot Rod". In spite of his death grip, Rome had a great time having Champ push him around.

We have also been trying to get the yard looking a little better. This past weekend was full of gardening. We planted some iris', bougainvillea, and some pretty little plants as ground cover (I have already forgot the name, but Anna just reminded me they were blackfooted daisies). Clearly, we are not known for our green thumb, but the girl at the nursery said those little plants don't like a lot of water (perfect for us!) We did have some master help with the planting though...



I will close tonight with a brief story from Champ. Lately, I make a sign of the cross on their foreheads as part of the bedtime prayer routine and say "God Bless You". I guess Champ picked up on this and wanted to express something that means a lot to him as well. Tonight about half way through dinner, he got our attention and proclaimed "God bless whip cream!" I guess his priorities are right in line for a 3 1/2 year old. Good night.

-Jeff

No comments: