Friday, September 11, 2009

long overdue

I am sorry to everyone that the blog posting are coming so slowing with regards to our changing family. The week of Rome's arrival our wonderful high speed internet was, well, dead. Long story short but 3 technicians and one pole check later and the internet is up and running. It is so crazy how fast the internet has become a staple of daily life and I never realized that until no access for over a week. I couldn't see the weather radar, find take-out numbers or let alone access email. We kind of felt cut-off, but I guess the first week with a new baby is the best time for that.

On to more important things...the boys! Champ and Rome are both doing well. Champ loves his new brother and is learning quickly (with a few meltdowns) what he can and can't do. His first impression of his "brover" was "you mean he isn't MINE!?" Champ wanted to hold him and pick him up. We had to teach him that he can only hold brother sitting with Mom or Dad. It took a few days to get there, but he is compliant with that rule. The next obstacle was teaching "soft, soft." Champ's definition of soft is quite different than ours. He was all too excited to point out his eyes, mouth, ears and such. By point out, I mean poke, bang, tug. We are encouraging good behavior and he is catching on quickly.

Rome has been an ideal baby. He eats well, sleeps well, with almost non existent gas or spit-up. I really don't remember Champ being this easy. So far it is a pleasant surprise. I am keeping my fingers crossed, though, colic doesn't usually manifest until 2 weeks and we haven't reached that point yet. He is so snugly and sweet. He loves to fall asleep in the crook of an arm. I am falling in love hard and fast.

Sorry for no pictures yet, I am hoping to take some pictures of both boys this weekend if the weather cooperates.

Thanks to everyone for there love and prayers. We are all doing really well.

No comments: